Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Energy Replacement

Author: Paul Sorensen
Posted: Thu 22nd Sep 2011, 12:35
Local Group: Dorset
Having completed 13 Hundred's, I only suffered on one. I first saw a walker sat at the side of the path, then a stone barn, and definitely knew I had a problem when I could see the Tahj Mahal!
Author: Les Hereward
Posted: Tue 6th Sep 2011, 19:04
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Not on a 100 but on an overnight I definitely encountered 12 dancing policemen. They were on the top of a bank but when I went to see them, as you say entertaining, they turned into fence posts.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Fri 2nd Sep 2011, 23:20
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Trevor. Yes it is lack of sleep. Don't waste your money on potions.

I walk every hundred in 2 nights. Some people have hallucinations,some don't. I've never had any yet- I'm still waiting to enjoy them actually! They might make the first and second night more interesting actually.
Author: Trevor White
Posted: Fri 2nd Sep 2011, 22:04
Local Group: South Wales
I have heard about the problems walkers have during the second night of the 100, falling asleep standing up and seeing things that are not there.
The question I have is it all down to lack of sleep or could it be due to a lack of something else?
Endurance athletes use energy drinks. They not only give energy but also contain all the essential Electrolytes for Optimum Bio-Functions (e.g. Muscle Cramps, Fluid Balance, Brain Function (alertness) etc.) It rapidly replaces fluids for sustained Endurance & Stamina.
Have any walkers done the 100 and suffered then did a second 100 using energy drinks and not had the same problems?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law