Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Open to Offas

Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sun 18th Sep 2011, 23:09
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
What a great and tough event. I only managed the 21 miler. Back next to do the full monty of the 30 miler now I know some of the route!

it's now on my most favs challenge events. And the group Merseystride also on my favs lists. Thank you for the fun. Will bring a few more friends next year hopefully. And hello to new friends lost and found on the route!
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Sun 18th Sep 2011, 21:54
Local Group: Cumbria
What an interesting route – well worth doing even though I’d only been back in the country a few hours. Decent weather considering what there’s been with only a few light showers, great underfoot conditions and lots of climbing (around 6,500 ft I reckon).

The team of Geoff and Chris put on a great event in a lovely part of the country which was new to me.

Before the event I had spotted two Marilyns (Moel Famau & Foel Fenlii) en route and we detoured slightly to bag another (Moel Gyw) as it looked easy on the map which didn’t actually show the knee deep heather! Then, after getting home, I discovered we’d also done a fourth (Penycloddiau) on the way to Moel Arthur so no wonder there were lots of ups and downs!
Author: Alan Jolly
Posted: Thu 8th Sep 2011, 20:20
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Thu 1st Sep 2011, 19:36
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
I'm going to visit an area not explored by me before, but I have always wanted to do the event. And everyone tells me it's great. My application in the post now.

Accomodation though seems expensive in the area! And Chester isn't any better and the Backpackers hostel full up! As for open to offers- I managed to get accom. reduced to £30 from £35per nnight ,for 2 nights. I'll go up Snowdon on the Sunday since I've never ever seen it! I'm looking forward to the event and Snowdon!

But if anyone knows of accom. in the area of Chester/Mold that is cheaper than £30 per night (I haven't paid anything yet)- dare I say it- I'm Open to Offas!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law