Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Inn Way to Northumbria (or should that be Northumberland?)

Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Sun 4th Sep 2011, 10:30
Local Group: East Yorkshire
I use to go to the Salvation Army Sunday School and stated with the brass band (It's true, I kid you not) when I was young. I got a dishonourable discharge years ago.

John, in my way of thinking. Doing the Inn's way without having a drink in them is like doing a challenge walk without going to the checkpoints.

Just not done.

Have fun and stay safe, But saying that it's more fun when things do go wrong.

ian.
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Sun 4th Sep 2011, 9:09
Yes, it was ironic when we did the "Inn Way to the North York Moors", seven or so walks spread over the summer 2009, we missed every pub except for a pint at the finish in Helmsley. We were sponsored by the Salvation Army and that one slip cost us dear.

Nine pubs around York would demand a train ride home, otherwise I would be getting off the bus at every stop.
Posted: Sat 3rd Sep 2011, 22:28
"touch of sarcasm"

I wan't dare John. But if not having a drink in them, you'll be doing the Innless way then.

John it's a pity you be away for my walk next Saturday for York. I'm leading a 5 miles with 9 pubs and yes we will be having a drink in every one.

ian.
Posted: Sat 3rd Sep 2011, 13:30
Do I detect a touch of sarcasm there Ian? I should tell you that on my walk last Wednesday, "Brewers Round" from Copmanthorpe, we had Sammy Smiths in Tadcaster, even Mike C.

It was £1.52 a pint! It took me back to the days when I could go to the pictures, 5 pints, fish & chips on the way home and still have change from 10 bob!
Posted: Wed 31st Aug 2011, 16:52
John in the 6 days of walking how many Inn's will you be having a drink in?

ian.
Posted: Tue 30th Aug 2011, 20:46
I will throw myself in front of his lens every time he attempts to snap our group in rear shots on hills, fields and animal accessories
Posted: Tue 30th Aug 2011, 20:24
John if Martin Dawes is going with you can you hide his camera please. He's in 148th place and I don't what him catching up on me.

Hope the weather stays fine, have fun. ian.
Posted: Tue 30th Aug 2011, 20:12
Some of us East Yorks folks are doing Mark Reid's Inn way, over 6 walking days, starting at Rothbury around 9am next Tuesday, 6th September. If any of you ultra-northern locals (or southerners) feel like joining for a day or more, get in touch with me on 07919 448630

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law