Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Streetmap

Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sat 18th Jun 2011, 17:37
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Talking to myself on here! But I have just found out Streetmap gives the nearest postcode to the start point of the walk - very useful for my TomTom. He's the only available man for me by the way and has his faults but gets me there in the end!
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Fri 17th Jun 2011, 17:30
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Noticed this is now in use. I don't how long it has been up. It seems OK at first glance. I got used to Multimap then had to get used to BING! I never did like Bing much (I can't say why exactly- just not as user friendly as Multimap) so hopefully Streetmap will be better!

I use the "Show Map" section often to help me find the place for the start of the walk, and then (Multimap) to find how long it'll take me to get there. They are both fantastic and makes life much easier thank you.

Then with my TOMTOM I might just arrive in time for the start of the walk! Great for people like me who travel far and wide in foreign counties outside the local vicinty! Mind you- Yorkshire is large so I need it especially when travelling to west Yorkshire- all those roads!

Pity TomTom don't do grid references. Maybe show latitude and longitude references also for us folks that get lost on the roads? Sometimes though there is no helping certain folks!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law