Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Crossing EXMOOR ...

Posted: Mon 23rd May 2011, 13:54
Hello -

I shall shortly be crossing EXMOOR as pat of a Land's End to John o' Groats walk.

( Please see the EVENT at - http://www.ldwa.org.uk/forum/show_topic.php?tpc=1244&dir=S )

Since I shall be stopping every few miles to give short concerts (I sing and accompany myself on piano), I am anxious to pass through a few villages, have fun, follow the most beautiful path, but above all, NOT TO GET LOST, since this could be disastrous for a necessarily highly-organized schedule.

I have noted the main routes -

The Macmillan Way,from Barnstaple ...
The Samaritans Way ...
The Summits of Somerset and Avon ...
The Somerset Way ...

I am sure to take the Macmillan Way as far as mid-Exmoor. I am then undecided as to which of the paths to take, as far as Bridgwater.

From then on, my route is towards Bristol, via Glastonbury, Wells, Croscombe & Bath, so I had thought to follow the Somerset Way.

I note that the MACMILLAN & SAMARITANS are WAYMARKED.

BUT IS THIS THE CASE ALSO for the OTHER TWO PATHS.

In other words, CAN YOU TELL ME WHETHER IT IS EASY TO FOLLOW THE SOMERSET WAY & THE SUMMITS OF SOMERSET AND AVON PATHS ?

CAN YOU ALSO TELL ME OF THE PLUSs & MINUSEs of THESE PATHS ?

I note from the page for the SOMERSET WAY on this website that -

" Publication out of print. The author, Laurence Main, has kindly allowed a tracklogs file to be produced with is available to members to download. "

http://www.ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_path.php?menu_type=S&path_id=8714

I have looked EVERYWHERE (I think) but can't find said DOWNLOAD.

CAN YOU HELP WITH THESE QUESTIONS ?

Many thanks !

Ian

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law