Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - More loss of ancient woodland

Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Thu 19th May 2011, 8:39
Local Group: Marches
Done.....email sent for what its worth.
Don't get me started. It makes me so angry we should even have to fight for this. Roads / housing estates / railways.....predicted population of over 70 million in next 15 years.......our little Island's countryside is becoming more and more threatened, and it is all very sad indeed. Maybe I was just born too late? I looked at a map of North Birmingham in 1857 - it made me feel very sad to see what has gone.

Sometimes I wonder if healthcare and the internet are the only positives about the 21st century....
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Wed 18th May 2011, 11:13
Local Group: Surrey
A quarry extension has been granted planning permission by Kent County Council. This would result in the destruction of more of our scarce ancient woodland. Only the Secretary of State can stop it now. Please write in.

Oaken Wood sos

Kent members can write to their MP too

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law