paul@tremere.karoo.co.uk

I will email the route descriptrion.

Cheers

Paul
Author: Neil Bromley
Posted: Wed 11th Apr 2012, 10:04
Local Group: Heart of England
Paul

I've been trying to get route details and have emailed the address you quote (as per the instructions sent when my entry was confirmed months ago) but have received no acknowledgement. Are you only issuing hard copies, in which case I'll send an SAE, or are the details only being released shortly before the event?

Help appreciated

Neil
Author: W. Paul Tremere
Posted: Mon 9th Apr 2012, 19:23
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Do you need a "hundred warm up" or want to complete a longer walk ? The 50 mile Woldsman from Driffield Show Ground, on 28th April fits the bill ! It's suitable for members who have not attempted this distance before as well as the experienced walker.

Entry forms are still available from;
eyldwa_entries@btinternet.com (note underscore after “eyldwa_” ).
or 27 Main Street, North Frodingham, Driffield, YO25 8JX. Please enclose 2 (4” x 9”) SAE.
SEF accepted.

Driffield has good public transport links with plenty of affordable accommodation nearby. Camping / floor space may be available on Friday 27th April. This must be booked in advance (email as above).

The Event starts at 8 o’clock. Entry is £15 or £18 on the day. This includes badge, certificate, refreshments at eight checkpoints together with vegetarian stew at finish.
Author: David Kearns
Posted: Tue 25th Oct 2011, 9:42
Not wishing to enter what is possibly a private squabble, but I was puzzled by John Batham's 21 October post. I do very few group walks but as many challenge walks as I can : they take me to unfamiliar parts of the country,I walk at my own pace, and a major part of the pleasure is pitting my few remaining wits against the route description. My point is, this is my preference, and that of a lot of other LDWA members. Why should it provoke from John such a choleric outburst ?

Dave
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Fri 21st Oct 2011, 21:03
I get the feeling that John is having a dig at me with his "groupie stuff" comment on here.

John during my 25 year membership of the LDWA I have not done many groups walks and like the last poster "John" I to was too busy earning a living to go walking midweek and I was too busy at weekends doing, yes you've guess it, challenge walks.

John people join the LDWA for different reasons. OK so maybe you joined our club to do group walks, it is not up to me or anybody else to say you have to do challenge walks. Like it is not up you to tell others that they should be going out walking with the geographical group that they live in.

John in the past I've done plenty of things for our group, OK maybe not in the past 5 years while you have been a member. But you joining coincided with my wife's illness and yes I did drop out of the LDWA scene for 3 or 4 years. The thing we did in that time was our "groupie stuff" on the hundreds.

John, you have only seen me on the EYLDWA scene over the past year and yes only helping out on our challenge walks but with my pasted record with the EYLDWA I think I've earned my spurs.

I would like to add, that without groupies like me doing the mundane jobs on challenge walks would they be so many walks for you non-groupies to do?

ian.
Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Fri 21st Oct 2011, 20:07
not all of us like group walks john and work during the week.surely were not resorting to emotional blackmail are we, i personally enter as many ldwa events as possible, have started a few walkers on the ldwa path, east yorks especially and was hoping this was enough support........
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Fri 21st Oct 2011, 19:40
So, The Fellsman clashes with the Woldsman but it's not an LDWA Event so we should get some allegiance here, support your club or not. Also, I don't see any of these posters here supporting East Yorks group walks - we never see you midweek or weekend, your call, you just do the groupie stuff at a so-called Challenge
Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Fri 21st Oct 2011, 18:18
well im very dissapointed about the dates clashing , it must affect entires as mentioned earlier on this or the "other" thread as me and three pals are discussing which to do now as we've done the woldsman a couple of times and have it penciled in for 2012 but was looking at doing felsman for the first time with it being its 50th. if a few more think this way it wont do either events any good, woldsman especially as felsman is supposed to fill up even faster this year with its anniversary. i hope it does'nt affect either event and must be annoying for you paul as wm has been on the calender a while and is a cracking event and a credit to all involved.
Posted: Fri 21st Oct 2011, 5:00
John Phillips initial complaint was that the Woldsman, Wye Forest 50 and Fellsman clashed in April 2012. TW had been on the Forum with all detail since April 2011, WF always over-subscribed and TF not even an LDWA event. Consequently, with reflection, it is just unfortunate and probably impossible for the organisers to liaise on dates. I'm not sure when the date for WF was arranged but the areas are different in that case and would the Fellsman take any notice of East Yorks if we told them back in April 2011 of our planned date?
Posted: Fri 21st Oct 2011, 4:44
I'm visiting this thread to get it above The Fellsman thread - I'm sure most folks realised that the Woldsman 2012 has been registered on the Forum with full detail since April 2011. The post has been heavily "hit" all year
Posted: Thu 20th Oct 2011, 15:53
I'm creating this post, so that the info for Woldsman 2012 appears adjacent to the Fellsman 2012 thread.
This should make it easy to find, for those who have visited the Fellsman 2012 thread.
Thanks.
Posted: Thu 18th Aug 2011, 15:06
Entry forms for Woldsman 2012, on 28th April are now available from
eyldwa_entries@btinternet.com (note underscore after “eyldwa_” )
or 27 Main Street, North Frodingham, Driffield, YO25 8JX. Please enclose 2 (4” x 9”) SAE.

The 5th Woldsman from Driffield Showground, will once again enable you to enjoy the big skies and open countryside of the East Yorkshire Wolds. You can rely upon EYLDWA’s sound support together with great hospitality from the village communities.
Driffield has good public transport links with plenty of affordable accommodation nearby. Camping / floor space may be available on Friday 27th April. This must be booked in advance through the entry secretary.
The Event starts at 8 o’clock. Entry is £15 or £18 on the day. This includes badge, certificate and refreshments at eight checkpoints together with vegetarian stew at finish. A bargain, even for a Yorkshireman!

Take a look at the feedback for Woldsman 2011 on this forum.
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Fri 22nd Apr 2011, 18:22
And Paul can we take it that you will also give everybody the true start time this year, or are you still thinking about that one as well.

On a personal note. Sorry about dashing off and leaving you in the lerch on the Woldsman, It was not until we got to Leeds did we find out that Julie was only "up north" for a few hours and it as been 9 months since last we saw her.

ian.
Posted: Thu 21st Apr 2011, 17:06
Now that got your attention, but the date is incorrect !
The real, proper, actual date for Woldsman 2012 is in fact, without doubt the 28th / 29th April.
So cross out the other date and replace it with the 28th / 29th, because that is the date of the Event.
Posted: Thu 21st Apr 2011, 16:56
Woldsman 2012 will be held on 21 / 22 April 2012.
It will follow the usual, well established format.
Entry forms will be available in the autumn, put the date in your diary !

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law