Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Falcon Flier

Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Sun 20th Mar 2011, 10:18
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Did this event yesterday- first time for me. Really enjoyed it. Helped no end by the glorious sun. Lovely route - over to the North York Moors and back with views of the coastline. One of those days where the world was totally at peace - after the route split, I didn't see another person doing the event until I got back to the hall. Several hours of being at one with nature! (Apart from the wonderful mountain rescue crowd on the checkpoints of course).

Quite nostalgic for me too, as almost one of the first "family dos" I can remember was my Grandparents' ruby wedding celebration at Ravenscar. We had a field behind the hotel with a tent and camping chairs.

So all in all a lovely day (and I eventually twigged where it got the name from!)

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law