Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - LDWA Under 40s

Posted: Thu 31st Mar 2011, 15:59
Hi, keep me up to speed with this!
I'm one of the "young 40s" - and think this could be a really cool idea - as many 20s,30s and indeed 40s would enjoy it. (Have to say though that I have awesome respect for the older LDWA folks who leave folks like me in the shade! They really are something to look up to)

As an aside, rather impressed with the speed / ease of joining. Just joined on line and get membership number / forum password instantaneously.
Posted: Fri 25th Mar 2011, 23:27
thanks for replying everyone. its not restricted strictly to under 40s lol. 40s is fine. im thinking of organising a weekend away prob in october at some point maybe in the peak district. Michael a guy from the Kent group is going to organise one in the south later in the year. Watch august strider for more details
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Thu 24th Mar 2011, 20:26
Local Group: South Wales
This is a great idea!! I can't believe that I'm nearly 43. I still think I'm 16!!!! Hope it takes off.
Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Wed 23rd Mar 2011, 21:14
Local Group: East Yorkshire
me and my mate mate do a few events each year and are both 40, does that count ? or are we classed as too old ? i love that in this hobby, at 40 were not classed as old and there is a lot of people a fair bit older shooting around these events mostly quicker than me too :-)
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Mon 21st Mar 2011, 22:58
Local Group: Mid Wales
Excellent idea Claire and best of luck with it. I only wish I were a few years younger (in actual age, as oppposed to behavioural age) and could join in. LDWA desperately needs new and younger members and there are plenty out there who need to see a few like minded and similar aged walkers involved and having some fun at weekends.

As Janet implies - it shouldn't be perceived as a middle (to old) aged gentlemans club!!
Matt.
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Sun 20th Mar 2011, 18:58
Local Group: Marches
Best of luck Claire. I suggested - ages ago - on this forum - a group for younger walkers. I was told that it wasn't necessary. Look at the statistics on the Housman website. Average age of entrants - 64. Great that they are all still keen and fit but it would be nice to know where the next generation is coming from. A start may be that this website should show a few pictures that are not white middle age+ men. The LDWA should appeal to all ages, both sexes and all racial backgrounds - but it doesn't. I am very pleased that you are doing something to broaden its appeal.
Posted: Thu 17th Mar 2011, 23:09
under 40s and a bit over is ok :p
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Thu 17th Mar 2011, 22:35
Local Group: East Lancashire
I have a confession to make............I read this post and I'm 56...............Sorry
Posted: Thu 17th Mar 2011, 21:08
ive posted this elsewhere but think its better here! A few of us are organising socials, walks and weekends away for LDWA younger walkers. So if your interested drop a line here and lets see how many of us there are!

Claire

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law