Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - North to the Cape (Cape WRath Trail) looking for hiking partners, early to mid September

Posted: Thu 2nd Feb 2012, 12:25
Hello Richard, I have just joined and read that you will have completed the Cape Wrath Trail last Sept as the final part of your epic walk. I hope all went reasonably to plan and that you surpassed your expectations in terms of time taken but more importantly the money raised for your chosen cause.
I am planning just the Cape Wrath Trail in early October as I expect I'll be less bothered by midges and the ground will still be firm'ish. I am planning to do the trail in 9 days.
I hope you will share some of your experience of the trail and look forward to your post.
Regards
Martin
Posted: Tue 15th Mar 2011, 7:34
Hi,
Apologies for the duplicate post (this post is also in the 'events' section) but I couldn't decide which section was more suitable....

I walked Land's End to JoG back in 2000 and enjoyed the experienced so immensely that I'm attempting the opposite diagonal (Dover to Durness (Cape Wrath)) this summer (from mid June to mid September) in aid of Macmillan Nurses. As at present I'm doing the route alone, I'd be grateful for some company all along the route, but most particularly on the Cape Wrath Trail; I'm due to reach Fort William at the very end of August.
By the way I'm in my mid 40s, male, a classical pianist; happy for any relaxed, easygoing companions for this big challenge at the end of the Long Walk.

Thanks!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law