Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Walking across the UK

Author: Barry Collinson
Posted: Tue 5th Apr 2016, 19:27
Local Group: West Lancashire
A decent Route from The west Highland way to the Pennine way
Posted: Sat 26th Feb 2011, 18:53
For those who have written to tell me that Leeds is in England...I know. I meant to write "Wick, Scotland," but was so excited about getting on the forum that I mistyped. Thanks!
And please...do not let my poor writing stop you from writing to me! I need as much info as I can get (to avoid more mistakes) and welcome all of it. I am also interested in meeting new friends and staying locally in different areas during my hike...and will trade off labor and cooking for my overnight board! Sometimes, as great as hiking is, it is nice to get OFF a trail for a night!
Thanks again...
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sat 26th Feb 2011, 18:22
Local Group: Merseystride
Hi Dale,
Well, I guess if you've made it to this website you'll have seen the Long Distance Paths section, which will provide most of the information regarding the paths and their location in the UK.
As far as I'm aware there isn't a "Leeds" in Scotland. The major city of Leeds is in Yorkshire, roughly half-way down the UK.
I'll reply via email to suggest some other sites to help with planning etc.
[Garfield]
Posted: Fri 25th Feb 2011, 23:51
I am an avid long-distance trail hiker from South Carolina in the United States, hiking between 240 and 300 miles per month. I am planning to hike throughout the UK this summer and need information!
While I have no set itinerary or schedule, I do plan to hike roughly from Land's End in Cornwall to Leeds in Scotland. I know that I will be on the South West Coast Path and the Pennine Way in England; on Offa's Dyke in Wales; and on the West Highland Way and the Great Glen Way in Scotland...if you know anything about these trails and can share it with me, I would greatly appreciate it!
I have never been to the UK and need ANY info about weather, the gear I will need, camping rules, train passes to connect trail-heads...anything at all. I am also looking for hiking partners for different sections...whether for short or long hikes.
If you wish to write directly to me, my email address is: mingus2165@hotmail.com and my name is Dale.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law