Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - WYSIS Way East to West

Author: Chris Chorley
Posted: Mon 14th Feb 2011, 20:48
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
We've not had any problem between Gloucester and Sapperton, just using OS 1:50 000 mapping and waymarks on the ground. Done that a couple of times when using it as a link in part of a backpacking holiday. Not done it East-West though. The Daneway PH is worth a stop, and has a camping field. Also used the CCC field at Sheepscombe.
Author: John Morfee
Posted: Mon 14th Feb 2011, 19:40
Local Group: Lincolnshire
Hi All, I've just joined the association so I apologise if this has been asked before. I'm walking from Lincolnshire to Pembrokeshire in May and would like to know if there is a guide to the Wysis Way from East to West. The only guide book that I have found so far is Gerry Stewart's which goes the other way. Failing that, can anyone tell me whether the way-marking is good enough to walk the other way? I'll be picking up the Wysis Way at Sapperton where it crosses the Macmillan Way and following it all the way to Monmouth. Cheers, John Morfee

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law