Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Anglezarke Amble, 12th February 2011

Author: Richard Smith
Posted: Mon 14th Feb 2011, 15:25
Local Group: South Wales
Thanks for a lovely day. The rain held off, which was great because there was more than enough water underfoot! We walked it last year, ran it this year, and knocked a couple of hours off our time as a result. Up to our knees in bog several times - can't think of a better way to spend the weekend!
Author: Thomas Sellers
Posted: Sun 13th Feb 2011, 20:31
Local Group: Lakeland
A good day out, and one year after my first ever challenge walk. Very wet underfoot as well. At one point I managed to slide down a bank into a ditch, then got up and promptly fell over again. I'll be back next year. It's getting addictive.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 13th Feb 2011, 11:39
Local Group: Merseystride
The annual tour of the moors around Belmont, Turton and Darwen started in thick mist, but generally mild conditions. 416 (I'm told) set off over 25 or 17 miles, at least half of which was gloop of the highest order. Great Hill's prowess in this respect was fully justified!
As the sun came out after Darwen Tower it felt like Spring had arrived - wonderful to feel that warmth on your face.
As ever, the support was excellent and the hotpot at the end a work of art!
Thanks to everyone concerned - a really enjoyable day.
(Garfield)
Some photos : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=338985&id=726015791&l=aa2ea3f591
(You don't need to be a member of facebook to view them)

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law