Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Let down by the Post Office

Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Fri 25th Mar 2011, 10:53
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Yes, got my Secretary's copies Wednesday, Individual's copy Thursday. Great effort by all, including PO, as December's came very late December!
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Wed 23rd Mar 2011, 18:20
Local Group: Merseystride
John, shouldn't that be Full colour?

Strider has arrived, but that will be read at Horlicks time.

Well done, Ken.

Garfield
Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Wed 23rd Mar 2011, 16:00
Local Group: West Yorkshire
My Strider has arrived early. Well done. What an excellent production in full colour and a good read.
Thanks Ken for your efforts over the past four years - you will be a difficult act to follow. Does anyone fancy the job?
Posted: Fri 14th Jan 2011, 20:08
In defence of Royal Mail, I received my Strider on time (also in the North East) and also had parcels from Amazon delivered by them at 7.30 pm.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Fri 7th Jan 2011, 22:18
Local Group: East Lancashire
Just had a call from a member in the North East, December Strider has landed.
I know it's called Snail mail but....................................words fail me
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Wed 5th Jan 2011, 14:53
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Today received an Xmas card posted early December from Grimsby. Luckily it had a 1st class stamp.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Tue 4th Jan 2011, 19:14
Local Group: East Lancashire
Tuesday 4th of January, believe it or believe it not, Royal Mail delivered a Strider to a member in Cleveland and returned to me a Strider marked
"Addressee gone away"..........................................................from Australia.

You couldn't make it up
Author: Geoff Deighton
Posted: Fri 31st Dec 2010, 16:53
Local Group: High Peak
Our Strider just arrived today - 31st December - presumably held up in Royal Mail's backlog.

Having got it, we have to say what an excellent issue it is and the calendar is brilliant!
Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Wed 29th Dec 2010, 15:20
Local Group: West Yorkshire
At long last I have my Strider. Posted on the last day of November and arrived today. No doubt because it was in a pre-franked envelope it was left to wait behind loads of Christmas mail. This is appalling service, letters and cards posted after 30th November and some from abroad arrived in good time. Has anyone else not had their Strider?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law