Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Munros near the Long Distance Routes

Posted: Tue 2nd Nov 2010, 20:33
There are a number of Munros reachable across the Glen at Bridge of Orchy or across the river and a couple of mile down the track to the right to the start for a group of four. You could do a couple in Glencoe near to the Kinghouse Hotel or get up onto the Mamores from near Kinlochleven and do a high level route of several before dropping down on the WHW path further along.
Dave.
Author: Ken Falconer
Posted: Tue 2nd Nov 2010, 19:17
Local Group: Heart of Scotland
You might have a look at the excellent new book 'Not the West Highland Way' by Ronald Turnbull (ISBN 978-1852846152, published Sept 2010) which describes excursions to either side of the WHW to take in Munros, etc.
Author: Richard Long
Posted: Wed 27th Oct 2010, 11:02
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
I have started planning my 2011 holiday - West Highland Way, Great Glen Way, and the Speyside Way. I have three weeks available so there is time to take days out for some Munros. I will, weather allowing, try Ben Lomond and Ben Nevis. Can you recommend any others?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law