Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - A full set of Strider looking for a good home.

Posted: Thu 4th Nov 2010, 12:02
Just had an offer to take the full set off my hands, with delivery included.
Posted: Tue 26th Oct 2010, 13:47
Old age and infirimity has curtailed my long days in the hills for ever, so it's time to re-appraise what is lying on my bookshelves.

I have a full set of Strider, from the very first Newsletter, and including the two Special Editions, one on North Yorks Moors, and one on Pennine Way. It seems a shame to consign these to the ever growing recycling mound, so does anyone have a decent idea what to do with them? Most are in binders - until the binders ran out. Obviuosly they are a bit bulky, so posting them anywhere is probably out of the question.

These must be of interest to someone somewhere, is that you? How many complete sets exist, apart from the official ones - Editor, Secretary, Archive? Geoff Saunders has one. Ernie Bishop and Keith Chesterton are rumoured to have a full set. There can't be many more in existence.

I don't want to take them somewhere where "they might be read", because theyn will just finish up in the aforementioned recycling mound, and these are a full record of the history and development of the LDWA.

Interested? Mail me - mickledore@waitrose.com.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law