Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Fresh out of the packet!

Author: John King
Posted: Wed 3rd Nov 2010, 21:04
Hi Richard.
I use a 12 ltr omm-i-drate does everything I need of it, space for food and all mandatory kit, a couple of handy hip belt pockets, plus mesh side pockets, you can also get several extra`s hat either clip or Velcro onto the sac to increase it`s versatility.
IMO 12 ltrs is just right for a weekend out 20ltrs is two big and encourage you to carry more than you need.

http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Rucksacks/Day-Running-Sacks/OMM-i-Drate-12-Litres-KIM-OMMDRATE
good luck and welcome aboard
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Wed 3rd Nov 2010, 8:43
Local Group: South Wales
Hi Robert,

Which model of Salomon rucksack did you get?
Posted: Fri 29th Oct 2010, 2:45
i just bought a salomon rucksack absolutely delighted with it, has all the features you would expect, side pockets and water carrier
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sun 24th Oct 2010, 22:42
Local Group: Mid Wales
I should clarify that KIMM are now OMM - hence the post below.

(As in "Karrimore International Mountain Marathon" gear is now "Original MM" gear).
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sun 24th Oct 2010, 22:40
Local Group: Mid Wales
I still have my KIMM sack and to be honest, it's the best sack I've had with regards comfort and adaptability. Very simple, very light, it's one of those products that does what it says on the packet!
But may not be to everyones liking, so check it out first. Matt.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Sun 24th Oct 2010, 22:10
Local Group: East Lancashire
Welcome

I used a KIMM sac for many years and now use an OMM sac. Very light and I really like the two pockets on the waist band ideal for car keys, compass (not in same pocket) sun cream and the odd biscuit.

Good luck over there
Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Sun 24th Oct 2010, 20:06
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi Richard, can't help with the rucksack but if you click onto events and then do a search from your own home postcode you will find the events that are near your own home. If you get stuck my number is in Strider. Good Luck.
Posted: Sat 23rd Oct 2010, 21:33
Hello everyone! I am a brand spanking new member to the site and in the most part, walking too (as a hobby) So please excuse me.

Two things:

Firstly, I have back through the forums (as best I could) looking for advice on a good rucksack. I suppose i'm looking for a 20 litre day sack really, enough room for a bit of lunch and the usual essentials. All the posts I found are a good year out of date... so can anyone advise on what to look for and if possible, where to look?! Thanks!

Also, I'm situated near Wootton Bassett, Swindon... and while i've found the Wiltshire groups website, I'm not having any joy finding details on upcoming walks/social events. I'm keen to get going as I have a deployment to Afghanistan fast approaching which will obviously keep me from doing any walking for that period. I am also a keen (albeit learner) photographer, so would love to get amounst some scenery! :oD

Thanks all!

Richie

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law