Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Herts Stroller

Author: Judith Griffiths
Posted: Fri 20th Aug 2010, 12:03
Local Group: London
Indeed - a very creditable debut. Everything was marked by thoroughness, and we too felt very well looked after. Some BBN faces, in particular, seemed to pop up at almost every checkpoint! Hearty thanks to everybody, from whatever Group, who helped to put on such a smashing event.
Author: Peter Ibison
Posted: Tue 17th Aug 2010, 22:08
Local Group: Staffordshire
Thanks for a lovely event. The route description was great, food and hospitality great. Once the rain had gone we got some lovely views over the Hertfordshire countryside. Thoroughly enjoyed this event. Thanks to all organiser, checkpointers etc.

Peter
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Tue 17th Aug 2010, 9:41
Local Group: Marches
agreed - great event and many thanks to all the organisers. Surprised to find how lovely the scenery was as its not somewhere I would automatically think of to walk. Well organised, shame about the weather - too hot for waterproof trousers for me so encountered soggy walking trousers sticking and rubbing my legs raw, drying, then getting soaked again...Nice evening though once it had dried up. Well done.
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Mon 16th Aug 2010, 21:48
Local Group: South Wales
Yes, I agree with everything said in the other postings.

In it's first year, but certainly appeared well-polished in terms of organisation.

Lovely scenery. It's just a pity I wasn't fast enough to see it all in daylight.

I had a few moments of anxiety when route finding in the dark. Notably, the field of cows (or was it bullocks) wondering who this guy was disturbing their sleep looking for 'the stile'. How to find the 'WM post' at the far side of a recently plough field in the dark. Footprints in the mud were the answer :) and I was pleased to see them.

Definitely to be recommended and certainly worthy of being part of the talked-about triple change event.

Many congratulations to all involved in the organisation. You have a right to feel proud.

Bill.
Author: David Motloch
Posted: Mon 16th Aug 2010, 20:16
Local Group: The Irregulars
Well done Essex and Herts and thankyou for a great event, the route description was spot on and the support team fantastic, well fed and loads of encouragement. Great stuff well worth the long drive.
Author: Louise Whittaker
Posted: Mon 16th Aug 2010, 17:09
Local Group: Staffordshire
Agree. Rolling hills, beech woods, wild flowers, golden fields, millions of kissing gates, one owl, one fox, one bat, beautiful moon! Food to keep you going at each checkpoint - spaghetti on toast in the early hours was delicious, crumpets, pizza pieces, yummy teabread, sandwiches and lots more! Cooked breakfast at finish. The support really was supportive - waited on hand and foot we were - really spoiled! Thank you so much everyone. This walk should 'live on'!
Author: Hilary Farren
Posted: Mon 16th Aug 2010, 14:54
Local Group: East Lancashire
Thank you to Essex & Herts Group for the first staging of this Event. The route took us through the beautiful Essex countryside and villages, the checkpoints were excellent with plenty of food and drink and the route description was spot on.

Many thanks to the organisers and the marshalls at the checkpoints for making the weekend so enjoyable.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law