Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The 50th - and final - Tanners Marathon

Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Sun 4th Jul 2010, 22:20
Local Group: Surrey
The 50th was a fitting finale: an excellent route, good weather, well spaced check points, and very well supported. Thanks to the marshals and organizers: your hard work this year and your dedication over the years is very much appreciated.
Author: Steve Platt
Posted: Sun 4th Jul 2010, 21:09
Local Group: London
Just back from a marvellous Tanner's Marathon - my first, though I've done the Winter Tanners before. I came to it late, as it's been going for 50 years and this was billed as the final one. I don't know the reason for it finishing but it seems a terrible shame. Whatever the cause, I'd like to express a very big 'thank you' to everyone who has made it happen over the years and to wish those who are still involved lots of good things for their new-found free time.

I had a brief chat with (Tanners organiser veteran) Alan Virgo's grandson as I puffed up one of the hills, by the way. He said this was the first time he'd walked it as he'd always been roped in to help with the organising in previous years. He must be about the same age as Alan was when he was involved in organising the first Tanners.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law