Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Foot preparation.

Posted: Mon 21st Jun 2010, 18:58
As I mentioned in another recent topic I am attempting a 5 day Coast to Coast. The legs are strong so I am not worried about them, but am undecided about how best to prepare the feet. Like a lot of fast distance walkers, I tend to suffer from deep heel blisters when pushing the pace and carrying a wild camping pack (Albeit a lightweight one). On my last but one outing I for the first time also suffered a very painful 'ball of foot' blister.
I want to wear walking shoes instead of boots, but I know this increases foot movement and blisters are more likely. My dilemma is whether to cover my feet in Lanolin (I have plenty) but that adds to weight, tape my feet or apply Compeed to certain areas first. Any thoughts appreciated.
Dave.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law