Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Langport International Two Day Walk

Author: Chris Pitt
Posted: Tue 15th Jun 2010, 15:22
Local Group: Dorset
Breaking the trail on a lovely Saturday morning was hard work. Chest deep in grass and surrounded by a thick fog of pollen, I did start to ask the question! But as we pushed into deepest Somerset we were well rewarded with lovely countryside, loads of wildlife and a great tribe of smiling helpers at the CPs. :)

Chris
Posted: Tue 15th Jun 2010, 9:46
This event was run over the weekend of the 12 & 13 June 2010. To those of us who regularly attend it is laughingly referred to as " Han"s Jungle Jamboree "
Without going into great detail I can report for those of you who are looking ahead to a good event to get logged onto this next year.The routes are through deepest Somerset with some delightful villages and pubs on route.The back-up is excellent and the organisation is good. However the plus/minus is that a hell of a lot of the paths have only ever been walked in Norman times previously.This in my case added to the attraction of the event. On completion badges and goodies are for sale and IVV stamps available for those so inclined.
An outstanding event in a part of the country not normally walked by LDWA members. Why not give it a go next year.
Rod Heywood ( 19177 )

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law