Join us for 20 mile day walks with a pub lunch in the country a train ride from London
In addition to group day walks and summer evening walks London group organises the 26 mile Founders Challenge event in October each year. We also have regular social events including pub, restaurant and theatre evenings and walking weekends away. Full details can be found in these web pages.
The London Group currently has around 400 members, though you're unlikely to see more than 20 or so on any one walk!
|NEW!!: You can read about the history of our Group by clicking this link..|
Some important information about our walks:
- Unless otherwise stated walks are circular and start and finish at a railway station, and we meet at this station NOT at the London station listed.
- We generally stop for a pub lunch but walkers should carry food and drink for a full day as a precaution.
- Non-members of the LDWA are welcome to join up to three walks as guests. Please email the walks secretary beforehand.
- Expect to walk at a brisk pace of around 3 miles per hour for the duration of the walk. Day walks usually last around 8 hours including an hour for lunch.
- By joining us on a walk you are agreeing to the route, walking pace and timing the leader has chosen for the day. If for any reason you decide to leave a walk before the end, please let the leader know so we don't think we've lost you!
- Winter walks may finish after dark so bring a torch.
- Train times shown may not be correct for the day of the walk - check with National Rail.
- Please view the walk programme pages for changes and updates the day before a walk.
London Group Policy for Dogs on Walks
- The decision to allow dogs on a walk rests clearly with the walk leader.
- A walk leader can state that their walk is not suitable for dogs by stating ‘no dogs allowed’ or ‘assistance dogs only’ in the walk description.
- If there is no notification that dogs are not allowed in the walks description, dogs will be considered to be allowed subject to points 4 and 5 below.
- All dogs on walks MUST be covered by the owner’s liability insurance. The walk leader should check with the dog owner at the beginning of the walk that the dog is covered by the owner's liability insurance. Verbal assurance is sufficient. If there is no liability insurance the dog will be excluded from the walk.
- The walks leader can insist that a dog be on a lead for all or certain parts of the walk.
For further information regarding National Policy for Dogs on Walks, please refer to the link https://www.ldwa.org.uk/library/policy/dogs_on_walks_rev2.pdf
|NEW!!: You can read the London Group constitution (revised Feb 2016) by clicking this link..|