Minutes of June 2019 Group Meeting

Minutes of meeting held on 12/6/2019

 Present 7 members

Apologies for Absence: Carol Stather: Alan Robertson: Dave Firth

Chairman:

Cleveland Search & Rescue have contacted and offered the Group the opportunity to visit their premises at Great Ayton.

Action Point: Chairman to arrange the visit for 2nd Wednesday in August or September, (usual meeting date).

Secretary:

Request to delete a report & photographs mentioning a farm by name. This report goes back to 2016 and had been hidden on website, but still able to be viewed via google. This has now been deleted completely.

Action Point: Chairman will contact LDWA Internet Rep and discuss this problem.

Treasurer:

No change in club finances.

Walk Secretary:

No report from Walk Secretary.

Eva confirmed –

2 walks had taken place since last meeting.

Next walk 22nd June. The Bridge in Summer C17miles from Greta Bridge.

Autumn/Winter Walks Programme.

Only walks up until October had been submitted before Strider deadline date. However we can still put additional walks onto website. Post meeting John Leeman will forward to Eva details of a walk for November.

The shortage of walk leaders coming forward is worrying we are now relying on the same few leaders and need to be more proactive in getting additional leaders for our walks. 

Action Point:

Walks Secretary to be proactive in encouraging more members to lead walks.

Chairman will devise a bulk email to be sent round by Eva to the membership asking members to come forward and lead. Any replies will be forwarded to the Walks Secretary for action.

AOB

The Newbrough checkpoint at the Hadrian Hundred had worked well and thanks to everyone involved.

Afoot in Two Dales – some members of the Group will be running the checkpoint at the Haverdale Hall – 6th July.

 Meeting Closed at 8.50pm