Minutes of February 2019 Meeting

Minutes of meeting held on 13/2/2019

 Present  - 9 members

Apologies for Absence: Dave Wain (Chairman); Alan Robertson

Chairman: (absent)

Dave had received a response to his email to National chairman – David Morgan regarding the LOGO, standard reply much the same as Ken had received.

Latest Situation has changed now: Members have been invited to submit suggested logos (however there are quite a lot of restrictions regarding size etc. A workshop at the AGM will decide on a few options which will be included in April Strider for members to vote on.  The current logo will not be an option.

Alan Robertson had emailed the Chairman to ask the Group to consider a donation to Cleveland Search & Rescue, one of their volunteers had recently had his car stolen with £12000 of equipment used on rescues stolen. A discussion took place and the majority of the Group agreed to donate £100, with two abstaining.  Treasurer to send the cheque to Chairman, who will forward with a letter to CS&R.

Secretary:

We have been asked by our National Publicity Co-ordinator to forward, or direct them to Group photos which could be used to publicize LDWA. Albert had directed him to our Website, walk reports page.

Treasurer:

Our club balance still healthy.

Walk Secretary:

Around The Cleveland Hills had 9 walkers out, all from Cleveland Group, it was a good walk, snowy conditions on the tops and quite icy in places, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, as usual.

AOB

Eva confirmed that we do now have to complete a list of those people, attending social walks and other events; this is to comply with Insurance requirements.

Meeting ended at 8.30, we then went through to the Bowling Area and had a taster session, which we all thoroughly enjoyed.

Our thanks go to Vince for organising the session, Sue & Frank for being our coaches and Pat and Vince for assisting them.