LDWA Terms and Conditions
LDWA Members Area
To be able to use the LDWA Members Area you must be an existing member of the LDWA. All members are expected to use the system in a responsible and courteous manner. The LDWA Committee reserve the right to bar anyone from accessing the LDWA Members Area who seriously or repeatedly abuses this facility.
Members may not transfer or pass on to another person, or permit any other person to use their password or log-in details, except that Family Membership covers members of the immediate family and a partner, and Affiliate Membership covers up to three current members of the affiliate who may share the log-in details. More than one such Family or Affiliate user may log in at the same time.
- The LDWA hereby licences Users to use the LDPs Webpages wholly and solely for personal use (Personal Use Licence).
- The Personal Use Licence does not permit use by any User for any business or other purpose related to their employment or self-employment (Business Use), except as set out in 4. below.
- If you wish to use the LDPs Webpages for such other uses in 2. we will be pleased to agree a licence basis (Business Use Licence) with you – please Contact Us. Uses requiring a Business Use Licence include the direct use of information for developing or updating individuals’, charity, local authority or companies’ websites, publications or databases, whether or not the purpose is for financial gain, except as in 4. below.
- You may for Personal or Business Use quote from, publish or use any material, excepting the LDPs Searchable Database Pages, in your medium, such as websites, magazines or reports. You may make use of material in the LDPs Webpages to guide your own independent research, but you must then independently validate and summarise your findings. We would ask you, where this is appropriate, to acknowledge the LDWA and include our website address in any citations. You must be a current member to use any restricted facilities, such as file downloads, in the LDPs Webpages. All such uses must be consistent with the Copyright Statement and also see 7. If you are a supplier of items for which details are provided on the LDP Webpages, such as leaflets, books and maps, you may also read and check that the relevant data are accurate, complete and up to date. Please Contact Us with any updates, additions and corrections. We welcome your feedback.
- If you require searches not provided online on the LDPs Webpages we may be able to help you and this may involve a fee or equivalent. Please Contact Us with your request. Any income generated will benefit the LDWA, including offsetting the costs of developing this website.
- Please note that the LDWA gives no warranty concerning information on the website or downloaded from it, nor does it accept any liability for its use (see Disclaimer). Where users make use of purchasing facilities or advice on linked third-party sites, they do so as users of, and become customers of, the third party website (see Disclaimer).
- Some information on this LDWA website is the copyright of a third party and you will need to obtain your own consent for its use in your media (see also 6. above). Our policy for use of material that is not our copyright in our publications, including this website, is to obtain the owner’s consent and enter into any licences required. If you consider we have used your copyright material without your consent and you wish us to remove it, please Contact Us indicating the reference. See Copyright Statement.
The LDWA Shop is open to both members and non-members of the LDWA. However to use the shop you must be over 18 and a resident in the UK. If you are not currently living in the UK then please email the Merchandise Secretary to discuss postage and packing, etc.
All merchandise displays the LDWA logo unless otherwise indicated. Please allow 28 days for delivery. There is a minimum order charge of £5.00 for all shop orders. This is a requirement of our Debit / Credit Card processing system.
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase you may return any unused items to us. They must arrive back with us within 14 days of delivery to you. If an inspection reveals that the items have been used we will not be able to offer an exchange or refund and there may be additional carriage costs involved in returning them to you. We reserve the right to charge up to a 30% re-stocking fee for items that have been sent out correctly by ourselves, but you wish to be returned because they have been ordered in error. The cost of returning faulty or unwanted items to us is the responsibility of the customer. Any damaged items or incomplete deliveries must be reported within 48 hours of delivery as we accept no liability after this period.
Giving your Debit / Credit Card details
Although we accept Membership Renewals and Shop Purchases by credit card we never store credit card details. For additional security we do not process any credit card transactions directly but instead use a dedicated credit card payment system operated by PayPoint. PayPoint is a real-time payment service provider,supporting all major UK credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Solo, and Delta.
Using "Cookies" on this site
- When you access any of the database driven areas of the site, such as the News, Local Groups, Shop and the Members Area functions, a "session cookie" is set to record the fact that you have successfully connected to the database. No personal information is stored in this cookie and, being a "session cookie", it is automatically deleted when you close your web browser.
- If you choose the "Remember Me " option at the Members Area Log In screen a "persistent cookie" is set to hold your membership number and password for the next time you try and access the system. As this is a "persistent cookie" it will not be deleted when you close your browser. If you do not wish this cookie to be saved just don't select on the "Remember Me" option. If you have already set this option but now want to remove the cookie, please go to the "Log In / Log Out" page where you can unselect the "Remember Me" option.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
LDWA Membership Data
The name, address and membership details of all LDWA Members are held on a computer file for use by the Long Distance Walkers Association and its nominated officers. If a member is also a member of a Local Group affiliated to the LDWA then their name and address details are shared with the Local Group secretary.
Questions or Comments